Friday 14 December 2012

Celebration of Jordan's life.

Jordan's funeral, and celebration of a life well-lived, will take place at Honor Oak Crematorium (also known as Camberwell New Cemetery) on Wednesday the 19th December at 2.30pm. We have engaged the services of a Humanist celebrant. Thereafter to The Old Nun's Head pub for the wake. All welcome but RSVP so I can let the pub know if more refreshments are required. Should you wish to, please make a donation to the The Meningitis Trust in Jordan's name. We'd be well chuffed.

2 comments:

Amy - Meningitis Trust said...

Hi Elinor,

My name is Amy and I am the Community Support Officer for the Meningitis Trust in London.

I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of Jordan. Our thoughts are with you, your family and Jordan's friends and carers.

Meningitis is a devastating disease and your blog highlights the trials and tribulations many families face once it strikes. Thank you for sharing parts of your life with so many people. It must be incredibly difficult but I am sure Jordan and yourself have impacted so many people, more than you probably realise.

At the Meningitis Trust, we work hard to ensure people have a better understanding or what the disease is and what it can do, as well as offering a range of support services. Our services are open to you and your family, at any time, and I would be more than happy to talk you through how we be able to help and the support we can offer.

Finally, thank you very much for asking for donations in memory of Jordan. I know we have already recieved some money through and I can assure you that it will make a big difference to people's lives.

If you would like a chat, or we can meet for coffee you can email me: amyg@meningitis-trust.org or call me on 0845 120 4882.

Thank you once again.

Amy x

Elinor said...

Hi Amy,

thanks so much for getting in touch and for your kind condolences.

We have been borne up by people's kindness and generosity.

Thanks for all your contact details. I shall certainly be in touch soon.

With very best wishes for the New Year.

Elinor. x