Friday 7 December 2007

What a week that was...


the day after we saw the geneticist, Jordan had a nasty fall on his hemiplegic leg in the bathroom. The following morning he couldn't walk at all so we called an ambulance. He has reduced sensation in that leg and is pretty stoic where pain is concerned. However, just because he can put up with a lot of pain doesn't mean that he should. So, off to casualty where I must say everybody was very good to the boy. Certainly no 'does he take sugar?' attitudes. He had an x-ray to confirm that nothing was actually broken and home we came. He's been sleeping downstairs and scooting about on a swivel chair for a week. Today he started walking again - hoorah! I don't mind telling you, I shed a tear. I don't know if anyone else has felt this but when your disabled child goes down for the count, you do tend to fear the worst, or I do, anyway.

No comments: